March 9, 2009

Shot Breakdown

Shot Breakdown List

Shot 1:
Worked to match the lighting and textures of the picture I took. I made a procedural Renderman shader and lit the columns to the right. Done with Maya and rendered with several passes for compositing in Photoshop.

Shot 2:
These are painted Renderman textures. The stack of books was done for Dreamgiver, a BYU student film. I started with photographs I took of books in the library and pieced them together. Messed with them in Photoshop for the main color, bump maps and specular. Made two UV sets and then 15 variations. The rock was for the BYU senior project X-Ing--also started as a photograph then added painted elements.

Shot 3:
This model was done for a biology animation we’re putting together at work. I was able to duplicate many of the structures and manipulate them with a lattice to simplify the process.

Shot 4:
I took the robot from design to final rig and animation. This gave me a feel for how each stage fits together and also blends together in many areas.

Shot 5:
The rhino toy model was done fore BYU film Izzy. It was challenging because the style the film is going for calls for organic, marshmallow-like shapes. No hard edges or completely spherical objects. The glasses and passifier are props for BYU film Dreamgiver.

Shot 6:
BYU group project Kites, scene G_11. This scene had to be lit to match the surrounding ones others had done. I had cheated the placement of the shadows so they would keep the audience’s focus on the boy’s face through contrast.

Shot 7:
BYU group project Kites, scene G_14. The scene also had to match with the others so when worked on lighting it, I sacrificed contrast to capture the director’s pastel vision.

Shot 8:
BYU group project Kites, scene G_14 variant. I went back and tried lighting the scene in a number of different variations (The first being a cool colored night). This was a study on the importance of light in creating the mood of a shot.

Shot 9:
BYU group project Kites, scene G_13. My job was to redo the lighting someone else had done. I took the scene from lighting to the final composite.

Shot 10:
I did these marker studies on the scene to practice for some later digital paintings. My goal was to study the color and light changes during different times of the day.

Shot 11:
These digital paintings were done to study different light and season setups. After frequenting the site, I used what I learned to create more beautiful compositions that captured the feeling of the different times rather than the exact reality of them.

Shot 12:
These figure and gesture drawings are compiled from various classes and after school practice sessions. The different sketches were each timed to last between one and seven minutes.

Shot 13:
Examples of a range of my photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment